The Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology may approve transfer of credit for courses taken outside of Tulane if certain criteria are met, specific supporting documentation is provided and the request is approved by the Academic Advising Center.
To have your request reviewed for possible transfer credit in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, you must meet the following criteria:
- The course must be taught in an accredited 4-year college or university.
- Credit will not be accepted from any local college or university if the course is being taught by the Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (EEB) Department at Tulane during the summer.
- The course must last a minimum of five weeks.
- The course must be comparable in content to the Tulane course to be given equivalency to a Tulane course.
- The course must be offered on the semester system.
The following materials must be provided when requesting approval:
- Properly completed Transfer of Credit Form from the Academic Advising Center.
- Course description from the course catalog or summer school bulletin.
- Syllabus for the course.
- List of exercises and/or experiments done in the labs.
The Transfer of Credit Form must be turned into the EBB main office:
- Students can obtain the Transfer of Credit Form from the Academic Advising Center. For more information, visit the Academic Advising Center's website.
- When the form is completed and signed by the Academic Advising Center, students should bring it to the Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology office, 400 Lindy Boggs, along with the required supporting documentation.
- The EEB Department will review the request and determine if the transfer of credit can be approved.