Tulane Home Tulane Shield logo linking to site home page

Declaring Your Major or Minor

1. The student fills out the Major/Minor declaration form (linked below) and contacts the appropriate faculty advisor to arrange a meeting:

Notes for filling out the form: The degree pursued is BS for a Physics major or BSE for the Engineering Physics major. Students declaring a certificate should enter "ENGP + ___ Certificate" in the "primary major" field.


2. After meeting the student, the faculty advisor signs the form and forwards to Prof. Jerry Shakov, Associate Chair, for his signature.

3. Prof. Shakov forwards the form to the student's NTC advisor or returns to the student (in those cases where additional signatures from another department are needed).

Major/Minor Declaration Form