The Master's in Cell and Molecular Biology program is designed to enhance the competitiveness of students applying to postgraduate professional schools, especially Medical and Dental School, but also Veterinary School, Optometry School, Business School, Law School, and Ph.D. programs.
There are many Post-Bac and Master’s programs available, most with the goal of helping a student take the next step in their professional education. Tulane’s Cell & Molecular Biology MS program is more than just another year of classes, and offers many advantages over other programs.
These are among the reasons the CMB Master’s program is unique:
1. The program focuses on professional development.
2. MCAT, DAT and GRE preparation classes, conducted by KAPLAN instructors, are incorporated into the curriculum.
3. Student will complete 50 hours of service learning and shadowing at local hospitals, clinics, coroners' offices, research labs, and other locations around New Orleans per semester.
4. Emphasis is placed on foundational classes in Biology while introducing students to more clinically relevant topics such as human anatomy, histology, embryology, biochemistry, physiology and disease.
5. There is a full body Gross Anatomy dissection course as well as a head and neck dissecting course.
Tuition for the for the 2022-2023 school year is $15,525/semester or $31,050 for two semesters. Upon acceptance, a $500 deposit is required, which is applied to tuition. Additional required fees charged each semester for the 2022-2023 academic year include the academic support services fee ($400), student health service fee ($345), Reily recreation center fee ($200), and student activity fee ($120).
The program is co-directed by Dr. YiPing Chen and Dr. James Cronin. Dr. Chen is also Chair of the Cell & Molecular Biology Department. For more information, email Mrs. Marnie Elsky, Senior Program Coordinator.
Take a look at our Facebook discussion page where current and past students can share their experiences and ideas.
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
One-Year Masters Program
6400 Freret Street, Room 2000
New Orleans, Louisiana 70118