Congratulations to our new officers for 2018-2019!
Internal President | Tessa Lavorgna
Communications Executive | Justine Jorgensen
Events Coordinator | Margaret Nickerson
Treasurer | Rachel Aber
External President | Jenna Bates
Community Outreach Coordinator | Esther Kaplum
Youth Outreach Coordinator | Sarah McLennan
Faculty Sponsor | Dr Katelyn Black
If you would like to become more involved in TUNA, or if you have ideas for future events, please contact one of these officers. If you'd like to request membership and be added to the listerv, visit TUNA's OrgSync page.
Here are some excerpts from a message from TUNA's first president, Ardalan Minokadeh:
TUNA intends to serve many purposes (too many to mention!) including:
- invite speakers to the campus (seminars/discussions)
- expose the Tulane community (and Greater New Orleans) to neuroscience and issues of the brain
- expose majors or those interested to possible future careers or educational opportunities in the field
- let Neuroscience majors meet each other!
- provide support (academic, social, or other) for the growing number of Neuroscience majors on campus
Spread the word! This club is NOT restricted to just neuroscience majors OR undergraduate students. All students of any major or class/standing are invited and encouraged to join.
For more information about TUNA, please contact Dr. Katelyn Black. You can also view photos of TUNA's past outreach here.
Visit TUNA's events page to find out more about their upcoming events.