The deadline is February 15th of each year for those PhD applicants requesting financial aid. However the review process will start on January 15th of each year. Applications for admission without financial aid are due by June 1st for the fall semester and November 1st for the spring semester.
What do I need to apply?
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Mathematics Test (REQUIRED) and GRE General Test (optional) for PhD applicants.
- GRE Mathematics Test and/or GRE General Test for Masters applicants. The Institution Code for GRE is 6173.
- All PhD applicants must also take the Math subject GRE test in addition to the General test
- At least three letters of recommendation from people who can evaluate your academic potential
- TOEFL examination if your native language is not English. The Institution Code for TOEFL is 6173.
- An application form
The Online Application Form allows you to apply electronically. You can also print the completed forms and send them by regular mail. Applicants are encouraged to send/e-mail any additional material (CV, research papers and preprints, etc.) that may bolster their applications directly to the graduate coordinator, Kun Zhao.
- Specific information about the Mathematics Graduate Programs
Includes a brief history, annual events, facilities and location as well as detailed descriptions of the Masters and Ph.D. programs in mathematics, degree requirements, sample qualifying exams, information about our graduate students and more.
- Graduate Courses
Read descriptions of the graduate courses offered by the mathematics department.
Request for Additional Information
After looking through the web pages, if you feel that your questions were not answered or if you had trouble downloading material, please do one of the following:
- Write an email to the Graduate Coordinator
- OR contact us by regular mail at:
6823 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70118