The deadline is January 15th of each year for those PhD applicants requesting financial aid. Applications for admission without financial aid are due by June 1st for the fall semester and November 1st for the spring semester.
For general application information and FAQ consult the School of Science and Engineering admissions page: https://sse.tulane.edu/academics/graduate/admissions
What do I need to apply?
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- The GRE Test is not required as part of the graduate application for any program
- At least three letters of recommendation from people who can evaluate your academic potential
- A TOEFL score is recommended but not required to submit your application. However, we strongly encourage you to submit your TOEFL, IELTS or other English Language Proficiency score. Alternatively, applicants may be asked to participate in a phone interview.
- An application form
The Online Application Form allows you to apply electronically. You can also print the completed forms and send them by regular mail. Applicants are encouraged to send/e-mail any additional material (CV, research papers and preprints, etc.) that may bolster their applications directly to the Director of Admission, Kalina Mincheva.
- Specific information about the Mathematics Graduate Programs
Includes a brief history, annual events, facilities and location as well as detailed descriptions of the Masters and Ph.D. programs in mathematics, degree requirements, sample qualifying exams, information about our graduate students and more.
- Graduate Courses
Read descriptions of the graduate courses offered by the mathematics department.
Request for Additional Information
After looking through the web pages, if you feel that your questions were not answered or if you had trouble downloading material, please do one of the following:
- Write an email to the Director of Graduate Studies
- OR contact us by regular mail at:
Director of Graduate Studies
6823 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70118