- Complete and submit the Application for Degree to the Dean’s Office by the appropriate semester deadline
- Complete and submit the Admission to Candidacy Form and Prospectus Approval Form to the Dean's Office (both forms are for PhD only). These should be completed at least 6 months prior to your expected date of graduation. Email all completed forms to Janet Morgan (email@example.com)
- Complete dissertation/thesis as per program requirements and Guidelines for Thesis and Dissertation Preparation.
- Set dissertation/thesis defense date with committee. Students should allow themselves ample time to defend their dissertation/thesis and complete any necessary revisions before the submission deadline. Upon successful defense, complete and have your committee sign the Oral Defense Approval Form. Turn this form into the Dean’s Office immediately following the dissertation/thesis defense.
- Complete any corrections to the dissertation/thesis as required by your committee.
- Submit one single-sided, unbound copy of the dissertation/thesis on 20 lb., 100% cotton, white, untextured, acid-free paper (we suggest Southworth Thesis paper) with original signed cover sheet and abstract to the Graduate Programs Office. (An abstract is not required for the masters thesis.) Make sure your left margin is 1 1/2" and the rest of your margins are 1". This will become the copy of record in the Tulane Library system.
- Submit electronic copies of your dissertation/thesis with committee signatures to ProQuest and the The Digital Repository of the Tulane Library for official publication. This is REQUIRED. Students will pay ProQuest directly for copyrighting, if desired. Please forward the Successful Upload Confirmation emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD Students Only: Complete and submit the the Survey of Earned Doctorates. Forward a copy of the confirmation email you receive to the email@example.com.
May 2021 Graduates must have ink signed signature pages for the Hard Copy of the paper that is turned into the Dean's Office
To assist you with the above guidelines for degree completion, please use the MS/PhD Checklist.
Degree Date: August
Application for Degree Due: June 1
Final Copy of Thesis/Dissertation Due: August 5
Degree Date: December
Application for Degree Due: October 1
Final Copy of Thesis/Dissertation Due: December 4
Degree Date: May
Application for Degree Due: February 1
Final Copy of Thesis/Dissertation Due: May 5