Skip to main content
- Download this fillable declaration form and email it to Jana Whipple at firstname.lastname@example.org, to receive your newly assigned major advisor.
- You should have this course audit form when you meet with your advisor.
- Contact your newly assigned major advisor via email to set up an advising appointment.
- Meet with your neuroscience advisor to discuss your plan for completing the major. During this meeting, you and your advisor should discuss the requirements for the major, the availability of courses (e.g., some courses are only taught during specific semesters, some courses have specific pre-requisites, etc.), and your plans for postgraduate study and your career. Your advisor should sign the completed course audit form and the major declaration form.
- The signed course audit and the major declaration forms should be emailed to Jana Whipple. We will sign the major declaration form, and make copies of both the declaration form and your course audit form which will be added to a file created especially for you! We also will take your photo to add to our Neuroscience photo database (this is a private database and cannot be accessed by anyone outside the Neuroscience office).
- Turn in the major declaration form (signed by both your neuroscience advisor and the neuroscience office) to your Newcomb-Tulane advisor.
- Stay in contact with your neuroscience advisor, meeting him/her at least once per year to help insure the success of your program of study.
- Read the information from the neuroscience major web page carefully.
- The major declaration form is attached above, just hit the link. It is also available at the Undergraduate Advising Center.
- If you have any questions about this process, please contact Jana Whipple.