The School of Science and Engineering at Tulane University places significant emphasis on doctoral education. Nearly all of our over 300 doctoral students are supported by assistantships or fellowships and conduct research with over 120 faculty members. Facilities are excellent and the close knit community of students, faculty and staff serves to stimulate multidisciplinary collaboration. This characteristic is reflected in the descriptions of research programs of individual faculty.
Ph.D. programs are offered in the following areas:
- Bioinnovation Interdisciplinary Ph.D.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Computer Science
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Aging Studies
- Inter-School Programs and the Interdisciplinary Ph.D.
- Materials Physics and Engineering
- Psychology (Psychological Science; School Psychology)
- River-Coastal Science and Engineering